There has been a notice posted around the Del Mar Villas complex saying that the Del Mar Villas Condo Owners Association Annual meeting will be held on Wednesday September 6, 2017 starting with Phil’s BBQ dinner from 5:30-6:30 pm at the ‘Onsite Clubhouse’.
- Call to Order 6:30 pm
- Approval of Prior Annual Meeting Minutes
- Nominations from the Floor / Close Nominations
- Begin Tabulation of Ballots
- Financial Review
- Maintenance Updates
- Homeowner Open Forum
- Announcement of Election Results
The notice goes on to say “All Owners are welcome to attend the meeting~ Please make sure to return your ballot to the inspector of elections before the meeting date! Your attendance or return of your ballot is extremely important to achieve quorum. If quorum is not achieved Association business cannot be conducted and the meeting will be rescheduled”.
At this point, I am just a renter and resident of the Del Mar Villas and am not invited or welcome to attend the Del Mar Villas Condo Owners Association Annual Meeting in 2017, BUT among the items I really hope are addressed:
- The eyesore and problems caused by the construction shed, and piles of lumber staged in the NW corner of the property parking lot. It is common knowledge that a couple of men were arrested for breaking into the storage shed and having stolen property and thought that they were responsible for at least some of the many car and storage break-ins and thefts in the Del Mar Villas community.
- Sani-Can / Porta Potty – these are designed and permitted as temporary, but this one has been in the same place in the parking lot for well over a year and a half – attracting lots of bad characters and trash (not to mention the smell and unsanitary conditions). UPDATE: On August 23, 2017, the stinking Porta Potty was finally taken away! Thank you Susan Thrasher!
- Smoking on the Del Mar Villas property by contractors hired and paid by the Del Mar Villas Condo Association. Many of us live here at Del Mar Villas because it is supposed to be a ‘smoke free’ property. This policy is a joke if contractors who break the rules are allowed to continue to work here.
- Ongoing maintenance issues. Residents need to know why is has been taking so long to repair facilities like the jacuzzi and sauna. We all pay lots of money for rent or mortgage payments and deserve to be able to consistently enjoy the facilities we pay for.
- Keys to common areas. It is beyond time to change the locks so that only residents and owners have access to our facilities. The locks have not been changed in many years. It is not right that so many people who used to live here or have a friend that lived here continue to use our pool, tennis courts and gym facilities. There are actually tennis coaches with no ties to Del Mar Villas hosting tennis lessons on our tennis courts. There are many families who live elsewhere who regularly use our swimming pool. And there are people who don’t live here who work out in our gym. This is not fair to residents and adds a lot of liability to the Del Mar Villas and its owners (especially the Del Mar Villas Board of Directors).